This lentil bolognese is packed full of vegetables. Keep it for Meat-free Monday or just use it when you need to whip up a meal from pantry ingredients.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 mushrooms, chopped
1 zucchini, diced
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
2 tsp oregano
1 tin (400g) diced tomatoes
1 tin (400g) brown lentils, drained
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms, zucchini and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the oregano, tomatoes and lentils. Cook for 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- I like to serve this on wholemeal pasta or vegeroni with a nice grating of parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder.