These fluffy banana pikelets are a perfect after school snack and so easy to make. Use up those over-ripe bananas from the fruit bowl and make them into fluffy pikelets.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 pinch salt
50g butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups milk
2 bananas, mashed
50g butter (for frying)
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour and mix in the sugar and salt.
- Whisk in the butter, eggs and milk until a smooth batter forms.
- Stir in the mashed banana.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and brush with butter.
- Pour ¼ cup measures of batter into the frying pan. Cook until bubbles form on top and flip and cook through.
How to make banana pikelets
Have you ever wondered how to make the perfect pikelet? Well wonder no more: these banana pikelets are a real crowd pleaser.
- These pikelets are freezable so you can make a batch for now and some for later or to keep for lunch boxes.
- I am guilty of dipping these in maple syrup when I need something sweet.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder.