These savoury vegetable pikelets are full of hidden veggies that the kids won’t see. They are perfect for toddlers and can also be popped into lunch boxes.
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
2 cups raw vegetables, chopped finely
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup tasty cheese, grated
1 1/2 cups milk
salt and pepper
50g butter (for frying)
Cream cheese with some chives to serve
- In a bowl, whisk all ingredients except for butter together.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan. Using quarter cup measures, fry each pikelet until golden and turn.
- Serve warm with cream cheese spread on top.
- This recipe makes 12 pikelets.
- For this recipe I used grated carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and shallots. You can just use whatever veggies you have on hand.
- Don’t forget to season these well. They really need the flavour!
- You can use low-fat milk and low-fat tasty cheese if you want to lower the fat content.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder.