This blackberry bourbon smash is just the drink you need in your hand this summer
I love when summer rolls around — it’s the perfect time to experiment with cocktails and summer fruit. My friends are huge fans of bourbon, so I always try to come up with cocktail recipes they’ll enjoy. Here’s a refreshing, citrusy and fruity bourbon drink that even the manliest of men will enjoy.
More: 25 times bourbon made dessert even better
Blackberry bourbon smash recipe
Total time: 2 minutes
More: 20 bourbon cocktails to cozy up to this fall
- 4 lime slices
- 10 blackberries, plus 2 for garnish
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 mint sprigs, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the limes and 10 blackberries.
- Add the bourbon and a cupful of ice.
- Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Add ice to 2 glasses. Strain the bourbon into the glasses.
- Garnish with blackberry and mint sprigs.
More: Bourbon plus burger is a match made in heaven