This Shamrock smoothie is perfect for St Patrick’s Day and will delight the family with its lovely green colour. The kids will love the smooth creamy texture and Mum will love that its healthy.
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
1 cup honeydew melon, peeled and chopped
2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
2 cups baby spinach
260g (1 cup) plain yoghurt
30ml sugar-free lime flavoured cordial
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with kiwifruit cut into Shamrock shapes and serve.
- The frozen banana gives this a much thicker consistency so don’t skip this step.
- If you can’t source these exact ingredients you can exchange some for other green fruit like grapes.
- If you really need a green drink but you know your children won’t be into this smoothie at all then you can make a banana smoothie and add a few drops of natural green food colouring.
- If your children are not fans of spinach then it may be a good idea to hide it before they taste this. You can’t actually taste spinach in this smoothie at all.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder.