These pizza scrolls are perfect for kids who are bored of sandwiches. They’re a lot cheaper than the bakery versions too!
- 2 cups Greek-style yoghurt
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup Italian tomato cooking sauce (passata)
3 cups mozarella cheese, grated
100g bacon, diced
1 tbsp Italian herbs and spices blend
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the yoghurt and self-raising flour and mix until a ball forms. Turn out onto a floured bench and knead for 5 minutes. Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Roll the dough into a large rectangle of even thickness using a rolling pin.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over the entire dough surface.
- Sprinkle bacon and 2 cups of cheese all over the tomato sauce.
- Shake over the Italian herbs.
- Roll the dough into a log, starting at the short side. Slice into 2cm pieces and place cut side up on tray.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
- These scrolls are so simple and have a great pizza flavour.
- Sliced olives are a great addition to this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder.